Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Nitro Draft Cold Brew on tap at the Southern Grind Coffee House in Orange Beach, AL

The food in this post were provided by Southern Grind Coffee House but the opinions expressed here are my own.

Day 6 of our road trip to the 2018 World Food Championships was a great one. The sun shone brightly and the anticipation of bacon only a few hours away. Like any sport, it was time to “carb and caffeine up” for a long day. A visit to my friends at the Southern Grind Coffee House was our #1 priority of the morning.


I just can’t start my day until I have a good cup of coffee. Southern Grind Coffee House is my favorite coffee spot in Orange Beach. This time I went with something new, Nitro Draft Cold Brew. I’ve had it a few times in California from a can and on draft at a local donut shop. I love coffee whether is hot or cold brewed. Each process brings out different flavors from the beans. Anyone who loves coffee needs to try cold brew at least once to experience it. Nitro cold brew coffee takes cold brew coffee to another level. Cold brew coffee is infused with nitrogen gas and released through a pressurized valve with tiny perforations. As the cold brew is forced through, it creates a creamy effect that you would experience in a stout (like Guinness). The result is a smooth, clean, and velvety coffee. During November 2018, Southern Grind had a Pumpkin Pie Nitro Draft Cold Brew on tap. I normally take creamer and sweetener with my coffee, but I didn’t need it with this cup of joe. It was so smooth with the flavor and aroma of pumpkin spice. So good!

Smothered Burritos were the breakfast special with your choice of meat. It’s Mexican meets Southern cuisine in this breakfast entrĂ©e. I ordered bacon and the hubby ordered sausage. Just like my dad, I love gravy. I was also hooked by the word “smothered” – it’s music to a foodie’s ears! The burrito itself was good, packed with scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese, but it was the gravy that made it great. I had the gravy last year over biscuits and couldn’t wait to have it again!

My dad tried the Breakfast Biscuit – egg, cheese, and served with choice of bacon, ham, or sausage. He went with ham. My dad is all about biscuits since he arrived in Alabama. He loved it! Just the perfect size for breakfast to accompany his cup of hot coffee.

All carbed up and caffeinated, it was time to head over to the pantry to pick up our ingredients for the opening round of the World Chicken Championships!

For more information:
4790 Main St. Ste. 116
Orange Beach, AL 36561
+1-251-923-3265

If you enjoyed this post, continue reading these:

The Southern Grind Coffee House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment