Dozens of local restaurants and chefs are back again this year to make their most bacony creations at the 2nd Annual Big Bite Bacon Fest August 1-2, 2015 at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. More than 15 local breweries will be sampling a variety of craft beers - beer and bacon, another perfect match.
Here are some of the bacon-infused line-up:
- Red Leprechaun – Pulled Pork Sliders
- Stuff N’ It Burgers – Stuffed Bacon Bombs
- Fry Fry Truck – Bacon Filled Twinkies and Bacon Cheddar Fries
- Go Fushion & Grill – Pork-adillas
- Dia De Los Puercos – Hog Pocket, Bacon Churros, and Spicy Bacon Corn Slaw
- Artesana Pops – Bacon Ice Pops
- Slater’s 50/50 – B’B’B’ Bacon Burger
- Waffle-Oh – Bacon Waffles-Ohs
- Sugar Spin – Salted Caramel Bourbon Spiced Candied Bacon Cotton Candy and Breakfast for Dinner Cotton Candy
- The Bacon Babe – Dark Chocolate Bacon Tarts with Cinnamon Whiskey Buttercream (VIP only)
- Bundt’s on Melrose – Maples Bacon Mini Bundt Cakes (VIP only)
- And much more…
Here are some of the local breweries that will be sampling:
- Ale Smith Brewing
- Angel City Brewing
- ACE Cider
- Bootlegger’s Brewery
- The Bruery
- Coronado Brewing
- Golden Road Brewery
- Green Flash Brewing
- Hangar 24
- Lagunitas Brewing
- Ninkasi Brewery
- Sierra Nevada
- Stone Brewing
- And many more…
Self-guided tour of the Queen Mary is included in your admission ticket in case you want to take a break from the bacon or want to tour after your bacon-filled day is over. There is also the Pig Pen where you can test your skills at pork-inspired games and activities including Pork Ladder Toss, Bacon Bags a.k.a. Cornhole, Connect Swine, and Bacon Chess.
A portion of the proceeds from Big Bite Bacon Fest will go to Team Red, White and Blue (Team RWV). Their mission is to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by reintegrating them back into their communities.
- Saturday, August 1, 2015, Daytime Tasting Session (12pm-3pm): General Admission -$40, General Admission + Beer Sampling *- $50, VIP Piggy** (11am-3pm) - $70, VIP Piggy** + Beer Sampling* - $80
- Saturday, August 1, 2015, Evening Tasting Session (7pm-10pm): General Admission -$40, General Admission + Beer Sampling* - $50, VIP Piggy** (6pm-10pm) - $70, VIP Piggy** + Beer Sampling* - $80
- Sunday, August 2, 2015, Daytime Tasting Session (1pm-4pm): General Admission -$40, General Admission + Beer Sampling* - $50, VIP Piggy** (12pm-4pm) - $70, VIP Piggy** + Beer Sampling* - $80
*Beer sampling wristbands will only be issued to attendees showing a government issued ID verifying 21 years of age or older. The wristband is good for 10 – 3 oz. samples of beer. Additional wristbands can be purchased onsite for $15.
**VIP Bacon Lovers: Entry one hour prior to all other guests, access to the exclusive VIP Bacon Lounge with shaded seating and tastings, receive a souvenir cup, and access to private restrooms.
Bacon is squealing your name! Make plans to attend the Big Bite Bacon Fest!
For more information:
1126 Queens Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802, United States