Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pie Crust Manju

I was trying to think of something to make for our Chinese New Year Potluck at work. I looked through my cookbook collection and found a recipe for Pie Crust Manju in the The Island Plate II: More Recipes from the Honolulu Advertiser (2008) by Wanda A. Adams.
The pie crust part of the recipe is very simple and I bought canned azuki bean paste from 99 Ranch Market. Be sure to buy red beans made by a Japanese company as it will not taste right otherwise.

 All filled and ready to bake. Just need a touch of egg glaze.

They came out perfect with a wonderful golden brown color. 

All it needs is the little red stamp on the top. For those of you who have had manju before, you'll know what I'm talking about. :)

Thank you to my mom for helping me put this together. The folks at work appreciated it.

Mahalo!

OC Food Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment