Review of Ronzoni Smart Taste Pastas
- Tasting notes: Rich tomato, mild cheese, beef, and oregano aromas experienced; Sweet and tangy tomato and savory beefy flavors experienced; Sauce texture was thick and meaty; Pasta had a nutty flavor.
- Additional uses or adjustments: Cook pasta past al dente to soften texture; Use a less sweet spaghetti sauce; Pasta would also work well with an Alfredo or Marinara sauce.
- Rating: 3.8/5
- Tasting notes: Pungent garlic, vinegar, cheese, and green basil aromas experienced; Garlic, cheese, olive oil, garden fresh flavor, slightly bitter from arugula, and Italian inspired flavors experienced on the palate; Pasta flavor was less nutty than penne.
- Additional uses or adjustments: More pepper, olive oil, salt, and vinegar for flavor and keep the pasta from drying out. Sliced olives would add a salty flavor component.
- Rating: 3.6/5
- Tasting notes: Tangy cheese and creamy butter aromas experienced; Creamy cheddar, and mild pasta flavors experienced on the palate. This dish would be great as an entree or a side for a backyard BBQ.
- Additional uses or adjustments: Needs more cheese flavor by adding sharper cheddar and/or more parmesan; Needs more salt; Cook pasta more al dente so pasta doesn’t get too soft during baking.
- Rating: 3/5