Review of In A French Kitchen cookbook by Susan Herrmann Loomis + recipe
- 12 good-size mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 rounds Spanish-style chorizo, or other air-cured salami-style sausage (see Note)
- Fresh herbs of your choice, for garnish
- Note: If the mushrooms are large, you may need to double the number of rounds of chorizo.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the mushrooms in a heatproof baking dish and drizzle about ¼ cup (60ml) water around them. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until they begin to turn tender, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and place a round (or two, if the mushrooms are very large) of chorizo atop each one. Return the mushrooms to the oven and bake until the chorizo is hot throughout, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and arrange on a serving platter. Garnish with the herbs of your choice. Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving, as the mushrooms will be very hot.