Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Buttermilk Truck makes a stop on Eat Street

Gigi Pascual makes her television debut on Eat Street, in the episode entitled “Bacon Mania Baby”. It seems a fitting title since bacon is such a big part of breakfast and Gigi certainly knows breakfast. Also on the episode is the winner of the 2011 OC Foodie Fest, BaconMania. The series is hosted by James Cunningham. He scours North America for the tastiest, messiest, and most irresistible street food. You’ll have to watch the episode and cheer for our local trucks!

Let’s take a look at some of Gigi’s creations! The Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancake Bites are served with butter and syrup. These are to die for! I missed them at the 2010 OC Foodie Fest so when the truck came back down to the OC, I simply had to get them. I waited almost 2 hours in line to get them. Sounds crazy, but when you’ve been fantasizing about a food item for almost a year, you’ll wait as long as necessary to get them. I was actually getting afraid that they were going to run out, but fortunately, they didn’t. They did, however, run out of the Fried Chicken with Housemade Cinnamon Waffles instead which was my second choice. So I had to start thinking quickly about my second choice. But back to the red velvet pancakes; they were all I was dreaming about and more. The pancakes had a good red velvet flavor mixed with the taste of buttermilk pancakes. The chocolate chips gave it a decadent aspect, rich chocolate morsels inside every bite. The butter is whipped fluffy like a whipped cream. I decided to forgo using the syrup so I could enjoy the full effect of the pancakes. It was a good choice. They didn’t need it. Thumbs up, way up!

To read more and see photos, please visit: http://www.examiner.com/restaurant-in-anaheim/the-buttermilk-truck-makes-a-stop-on-eat-street-review

Mahalo!

OC Food Diva

Buttermilk Truck on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment