Friday, June 1, 2018

Miguel’s Restaurants Kicks Off 45th Anniversary on Thursday, June 7, 2018


The menu items in this post were provided by Miguel’s Restaurants but the opinions expressed here are my own. 
Since May 2017, I have been a loyal fan of Miguel’s Jr. Our home restaurant is in Orange, but they have 15 locations throughout the Inland Empire and Orange County. 2018 marks the 45th anniversary of their first restaurant, Miguel’s, opened in Corona, CA. Two years later in 1975, their first fast food concept, Miguel’s Jr., opened just two miles away.

Miguel's Jr. in Huntington Beach, opened in August 2017
To kick off the celebration, Miguel’s and Miguel’s Jr. Restaurants invite the community to Corona’s Citrus Splash Zone on Thursday, June 7 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. This area was made possible by a generous donation by Miguel’s Restaurant owners Mike and Mary Vasquez in 2008. They will also unveil recent renovations to Citrus Splash Zone and present a re-dedication to the City of Corona. The first 300 guests to arrive at the Citrus Splash Zone will receive a complimentary famous Miguel’s Jr. BRC (beans, rice, and cheese) burrito from the new Miguel’s Jr. food truck.

Miguel's Jr. in Norco, opened in January 2018
Here is a look at some of my favorite items from the Orange, Huntington Beach, and Norco locations:

My #1 favorite is the California Chile Burrito with added shredded beef. The burrito has a chile relleno (Anaheim chile in grilled egg batter stuffed with cheese), refried beans, Spanish rice, and cheddar cheese. I have loved chile rellenos since I was in Pre-School and Kindergarten. My dad would pick me from Montessori and we would stop at the 7-11 down the street. While I played Galaxian, my dad would purchase and warm up chile relleno burritos for us for lunch. I know I am dating myself, but this was a routine for me and my dad. Miguel’s Jr.’s version brings back all of these childhood memories and tastes far better than those microwaved burritos. It is full of flavor from the green chile, gooey cheese, hearty refried beans, eggy batter, and tender shredded beef. The hubby always asks what I want and 90% of the time, it’s the California Chile Burrito! Rating: 5/5

My #2 favorite is Miguel’s Jr. Nachos. It come with your choice of shredded chicken or beef atop tortilla chips with refried beans, Española sauce, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, guacamole, and sour cream. I love nachos in general and I love the nachos at Miguel’s Jr.’s even more because of that shredded beef. It just has a hearty, beefy flavor and just works well with very gooey cheese and refried beans. In addition, the guacamole and sour cream contribute a nice creamy flavor. You can share it as an appetizer or just have it as your meal. Rating: 5/5

If you are looking for great tasting fast food, Miguel’s Jr. is the place to go for quick Mexican food. Congratulations on your 45th Anniversary, Miguel’s!!!

Atmosphere: 5 out of 5 stars
Décor: 5 out of 5 stars
Service: 5 out of 5 stars
Food: 5 out of 5 stars

For more information:
Miguel’s Jr.
1325 Tustin St.
Orange, CA 92867
+1.714.633.4000
Hours: Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Parking: Free parking
Seating: Interior and exterior

If you enjoyed this blog post, check out these:

Miguel's Jr. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment