Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Knott’s Berry Farm’s Ghost Town Alive! takes you back in time to the Old West


The experience and food in this post were provided by Knott’s Berry Farm but the opinions expressed here are my own.


There once was a town in the Old West called Calico where the lives of cowboys and outlaws intertwined with good, law abiding townsfolk. On this fine day, Mayor Howell welcomes townsfolk and guests alike to the Founders’ Day celebration with a pony race, shooting contest, and hoedown. Yeehaw! But, the Mayfield gang is due to be released from the custody of Sheriff Wheeler today. Oh my!

They call me, Clementine Mayfield. I’m a long-lost niece of my Uncle Sad Eye Joe Mayfield. He be getting’ out of jail today. I reckon he’ll have some plans. Wink, wink.

Ain’t Betty the cutest pony you ever did see!

I found the Mayfield hideout, but they gone robbin’ without me!

I found Boothill Cemetery, but didn’t find any of our kinfolk buried there.

The Pony Express Outpost even trusts us Mayfields to deliver packages around town. I delivered this here package to Town Hall.

I swear I was tempted to hijack that darn Rio Grande train, but I heard there is gold in them hills.

In them hills is Calico Mine Co., where we hitched a ride on the mine car and found LOTS OF GOLD! I can’t wait to tell Uncle Sad Eye Joe!


  • Tip: If you are planning an event like a corporate team building event, corporate sales meeting, wedding, family reunion, etc., Knott’s a great place. They have locations like Wilderness Dance Hall to host your event. They can handle groups of 50 to 5,000.


A Mayfield’s mind is always turning and we need food to keep us on our toes. A country lunch of Mrs. Knott’s Fried Chicken, Boysenberry BBQ Meatballs, potato salad, pasta salad, fresh fruit, and Caesar salad hit the spot!

A meal ain’t complete without boysenberry pie! Hoo doggy!

It’s summer so git down to Knott’s Berry Farm for Ghost Town Alive! now through the 4th of September Two Thousand and Seventeen. Say howdy to my Uncle Sad Eye Joe!

For more information:
8039 Beach Blvd.
Buena Park, CA 90620


  • 2017 Season Pass: $109 for all ages 3+, valid through 12/31/2017
  • 2017 Gold Pass: $126 includes admission to Knott’s Berry Farm and Soak City Waterpark, for all ages 3+, valid through 12/31/2017
  • 2017 Platinum Pass: $212 – 48” and taller, $172 – under 48” or age 62+, included admission to Knott’s Berry Farm, Soak City Waterpark, and all Cedar Fair Parks plus parking, valid through 12/31/2017
  • Single Day Admission: $75 ($48 if purchased online) – ages 12 to 61, $45 – ages 3 to 11 or age 62+



If you enjoyed this post, continue reading these:

No comments:

Post a Comment