Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Blue Harbor Resort & Conference Center is fun for everyone in Sheboygan, Wisconsin


After a wonderful restful night’s sleep, it was time to explore the Blue Harbor Resort & Conference Center. As a corporate meeting planner, I am always on the lookout for hotels and venues to keep in my “rolodex” as the next go-to place. This weather is much like Chicago without all the skyscrapers. The hotel boasts 180 hotel rooms and 64 villas, filling the needs travelers ranging from family vacations to corporate meetings. They even have a year-round indoor waterpark and mini-golf course. Plus, the sweeping views of Lake Michigan are fantastic from your hotel room or eco-friendly lakeshore trails. Whether you had a long flight or road trip, their on-site spa can melt your aches and pains away.

Let’s start from the beginning. When I walked into the hotel, I admired the grand foyer with common area and registration. At the time, it was decorated for the winter holiday with Christmas trees, wreathes, and sparkling white lights.

I stayed in one of the Family Suites which features two queen-size beds. A partition separates a semi-private living area with a full-size sofa sleeper. The room is equipped with a 42-inch flat-screen TV, patio or balcony (I had a balcony), microwave, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, complimentary high-speed wireless internet, and in-room safe. You also receive four waterpark passes.

  • Pros: The room is very spacious and won’t seem too close for comfort for a family of four. I also love that they have a microwave and refrigerator. I tend to have leftovers when I eat so it was so convenient just to warm up my leftovers for the next meal instead of heading downstairs or jump in a taxi. Wifi is fast enough for Facetime/Skype and doing research while working.
  • Cons: I love a hot shower or bath, but the water temperature is just not hot enough for me. I had a technician come up to check it as I thought there might be a temperature limiter since it was a family suite. But he said that was as hot as it was going to get. I’ll need to bring my bath suit next time so I can soak in the jacuzzi after a long flight. LED or florescent bulbs could be used instead of the incandescent to make the room brighter in the evening.

The Blue Harbor Resort & Conference Center has lots of different options when it comes to meetings and events. The Grand Ballroom is 9,882 square feet which can accommodate 544 for a banquet setup and 1,250 for a reception. The ballroom can also be broken up into 7 salons for breakout sessions.

If you take a walk outside, beautiful Lake Michigan is glimmering even under a cloudy sky. Being a Southern California girl and originally from Hawaii, it was cold probably in the mid-40’s, but I still walked out with my slippers on. I didn’t plan to be out there that long but I did receive several strange looks from people who were jogging or walking the on the trails. The air is clean and crisp as the sun started to break through the clouds above. 

From the lake, the Blue Harbor Resort has the look of the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, CA or The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO, with a coastal and regal feel.

It is time to head back in for lunch at the Rocky Bottom Snack Bar inside the Breaker Bay Waterpark. Stay tuned for more!

Atmosphere: 5 out of 5 stars
Service: 5 out of 5 stars
Décor: 4 out of 5 stars

For more information:
725 Blue Harbor Dr
Sheboygan, WI 53081
+1.866.701.2583

No comments:

Post a Comment