Hog Wild Habanero BBQ Sauce ($7.49) is a spicy, new BBQ sauced based on their award-winning Hog Wild Cajun-style seasoning. It is crafted to deliver a spicy habanero kick without overwhelming your taste buds and has the perfect balance of heat and sweet. I came up with a recipe to utilize this flavor-packed sauced.
Hog Wild Adobo Pork Chops by OC Food Diva
4-6 Costco boneless pork loin chops, ¾ to 1-inch thick
¼ cup Hog Wild Habanero BBQ Sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Sidral Mundet Apple Soda
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon shoyu
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Optional side: Melissa’s Produce 100% Organic Red Quinoa
1. Place chops in a plastic bag or Tupperware marinader.
2. For the marinade, in a small bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, apple soda, cilantro, red wine vinegar, shoyu, and garlic powder.
3. Pour over chops and seal. Marinate at least overnight, turning every 4-5 hours.
4. When ready to start cooking, preheat oven to 400°F.
5. Drain chops and discard excess marinade. Place on grill/pan and sear for 6 minutes on each side.
6. If making the quinoa side, cook per package direction on the stove top or in a rice cooker.
7. In a foil-lined baking dish, add oil to grease the bottom of the dish.
8. Once chops are seared, place in baking dish and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
9. Let the chops rest for 5 minutes. Serve with red quinoa or side of your choice and Hog Wild Habanero BBQ sauce.
California Rancher also carries a line of cashews and almonds featuring California Rancher seasonings.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and go “Hog Wild” for California Rancher products as much as I do!
For more information: