Thursday, July 28, 2016

Whole Foods Market Bacon Bash Challenge: Cobb Deviled Eggs



When I am in the mood for a salad, I always order a cobb salad. I love all of the flavors and textures together from the creamy avocado, the sweet tomatoes, pungent and tangy bleu cheese, and smoky, salty bacon. A favorite comfort food of mine is deviled eggs. One of my earliest food memories was a deviled egg and have loved them ever since. If I see them on a menu, I almost always order them. My hubby’s grandma used to make really good ones for Easter and just couldn’t help myself. I might have to start a Deviled Eggs Anonymous group. LOL! As part of the Whole Foods Market’s Bacon Bash Challenge, I came up with this recipe combining my love for cobb salad and deviled eggs.

Cobb Deviled Eggs by OC Food Diva
12 servings (2 halves each)

  • 1 dozen 365 Everyday Value Cage Free Large White Grade A Eggs
  • ½ cup 365 Everyday Value Organic Mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 4 strips Wellshire Applewood Smoked Bacon
  • 2 tablespoons 365 Everyday Value Bleu Cheese Crumbles
  • 1 roma tomato
  • 1 avocado





  1. Fill a stock pot half way with water. Place eggs in pot and set on high heat until it comes to a rolling boil, approximately 14 minutes. Turn off heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes. Drain water and add cold water to pot to stop the eggs from cooking further. Let the eggs sit for 10 minutes. Peel eggs and set aside.
  2. Dice bacon and fry until crispy. Drain and set aside.
  3. Halve eggs lengthwise and spoon out yolks into bowl. Put whites on deviled egg tray.
  4. Mash yolks with fork or pastry cutter. Mix in mayonnaise and Dijon mustard until creamy.
  5. Fold in ¾ of the bacon and bleu cheese crumbles.
  6. With large tip pastry bag or melon baller, fill each egg white half with yolk mixture.
  7. Dice tomatoes and avocado. Garnish deviled eggs with tomatoes, avocado, and remaining bacon.
  8. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Approximate cost to make this recipe using ingredients from Whole Foods Market: $21.78

I hope you enjoy this recipe. I know I can’t wait to make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment