Tuesday, July 18, 2017

World Fabulous Drag Brunch at House of Blues Anaheim serving “fishy” and hearty brunch

Admission to this brunch show was provided by House of Blues but the opinions expressed here are my own.

Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE RuPaul’s Drag Race. It all started back in 2010 when I was home recovering from a major surgery. When I was either stuck in bed or on the sofa every day for 3 months, I began to go stir-crazy with pain from the surgery and being in the same position for hours, depressed about of why I had to have surgery (dealing with infertility and knowing that I could never have a baby), and just being lonely for most of the day until the hubby came home from work. One day, I was just channel surfing (a girl can only watch so many DVD movies) and found a show called RuPaul’s Drag Race on LOGO. I had heard of RuPaul and thought she was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. At the time, I did not realize RuPaul was a drag queen. I thought she was a runway model. The whole “drag” culture fascinates me and having a lot of friends in the LGBTQ community, I knew I had to watch and see what this show was all about. After that first show, I was hooked! I was drawn into their lives during the competition with all the highs and lows – cheering when my favorite queens won challenges and crying when the queens shared their stories growing up and as they “sashayed away” after “lip syncing for their life”.

It was no surprise, when House of Blues Anaheim announced that they are going to have a World Fabulous Drag Brunch featuring Willam, I wanted (needed) to go. Willam was on the 4th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race (2012) which was a season loaded with “shade”, cat fights, and was just FAB-U-LOUS! Willam had already made a name for herself as an actor and, girl, she made sure everyone knew about it. “Escandalo” ensued after Willam was the first (and remains the only) contestant to be disqualified from RuPaul’s Drag Race. But, that didn’t stop her from going on with a music career, being an American Apparel Ad Girl, book author, and talk show host with a body that any woman would kill for!

The World Fabulous Drag Brunch starts with a buffet brunch including breakfast items like eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon, sausage, and such.

More brunch items like an omelet station and shrimp cocktail.

Specialty items such as jambalaya and smoked brisket round out the savory while bread pudding and pastries grab your sweet tooth.

After everyone had settled in with their plates full, Willam came out and greeted the audience with some singing and comedy. She had a troop of girls with her to entertain us – Morgan McMichaels (2nd Season of RuPaul’s Drag Race), Trina Modele, Misty Violet, and House of Avalon.

Morgan McMichaels looked hot as she lip-synced Tina Marie’s “Lovergirl”. She rocked my world.

Trina Modele did an awesome Madonna impression and came out with showgirl feathers flying to ABBA’s “Dancing Queen”. “See that girl, watch that scene, digging the Dancing Queen!”

If you enjoy brunch and loved to be entertained, World Fabulous Drag Brunch is here to feed and entertain you every first Saturday of the month at House of Blue Anaheim. “Can I get an amen!”

For more information:
400 W. Disney Way Ste. 337
Anaheim, CA 92805
+1.714.520.2334
Tickets: Next brunch is August 5, 2017, $46 per person
Hours: Atrium Bar opens at 10 a.m. and seating starts at 11 a.m.

If you enjoyed this post, continue reading these:


House of Blues Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment