Vote for my #BloggerRecipeChallenge2016 recipe, Quick Beef Barbacoa Stew
With work and family life, it can sometimes be hard to have a homecooked meal. But this hearty one-pot meal can be prepped and cooked within an hour.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Number of People Served: 4-6
- 1 large tomato, pureed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 tablespoons Del Real Foods Fire Roasted Red Salsa
- 1.5 lbs Melissa's Produce Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 package Del Real Foods Seasoned Shredded Beef, chopped
- 1 package Del Real Foods Barbacoa, cut into chunks
- 3-4 tablespoons Del Real Foods Friojles Refritos
- 1 large green jalapeno, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 large red jalapeno, diced
- 4-6 tablespoons sour cream
- Puree large tomato in NutriBullet or blender until smooth. Add to pot along with beef broth and salsa. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Quarter potatoes and chop garlic. Add to pot and lower heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Chop up shredded beef and cut up barbacoa into bite-size chunks. Add beef and sauce from barbacoa to pot. Add refried beans to thicken stew (add more if thicker base desired). Uncover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- To serve, ladle stew into bowls. If desired, add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle diced jalapenos and shallots for added color and flavor.