Friday, October 31, 2014

Road Trip to San Francisco, CA: Vineyards and local inspiration - Day 3



It was our last full day in the Bay Area and Sunday Brunch at the Bay Grille was the perfect way to start off the morning. I decided on a Denver Omelet with sausage, croissant, and blueberry blintz. I love blintzes, especially with blueberries, one of my weaknesses! They also had a great selection of muffins from blueberry to oat bran to an almost coffee cake like muffin with a streusel on topping. The aroma alone was divine! Fresh fruit, yogurt, along with cereal rounded out a delectable array of selections.


  • Travel tip: Gold Hhonors and higher receive free breakfast every day of your stay. The registration staff will give you coupons upon check in.


In the late morning, we drove across the Bay Bridge to AT&T Park to meet our tour bus to experience the V. Sattui Winery  in St. Helena, CA, part of the Napa Valley Wine Country. The two-hour luxury coach ride to and from was so relaxing. On the way there, I was able to capture scenic shots of seemingly endless vineyards stretching across the hills. I can see why thousands upon thousands visit Napa Valley. It’s definitely not just for the wine but being able to awaken your other senses as well. I missed a great photo op of the largest Jack Rabbit I had ever seen. At first I thought I was looking at a dog, until it hopped across the field with those unmistakable rabbit ears held high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment