The Champion's Table
View my food journey on Zomato!

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Claim Jumper in Costa Mesa, CA has lost some of its flavor



Claim Jumper in South Coast Plaza is still a full-house as usual. “Service with a smile” is still great but our latest visits have been rather inconsistent in the food department since my last article review of Claim Jumper. After being acquired by Landry’s in 2010, quite a few changes have taken place: especially the removal of their awesome salad bar and reconstruction of their menu.

Here are some critiques of their current menu items:

Potato Cheddar soup is a flavorful soup with fresh baked potatoes and simmered with aged cheddar. The first spoonful was wonderful. It was creamy with strong cheddar and potato flavors. Upon closer examination, I noticed that it used carrots for color. Since I’m allergic to carrots, I had to send it back. This should be noted on the menu as I otherwise would not have ordered it. If it didn’t have carrots in it, I would have feverishly devoured it. In its place, I got the New England Clam Chowder which has premium clams, potatoes, onions and celery. It wasn’t nearly as creamy as the Potato Cheddar soup and it was a mediocre chowder at best.


Mahalo,

OC Food Diva


Claim Jumper on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment