Saturday, September 1, 2018

Foodie Crush: I’m lovin’ McDonald’s


The food and service were provided by McDonald’s but the opinions expressed here are my own.

McDonald’s brings back fun memories for me. As a foodie, food is a major part of making memories. I remember my Cheeseburger Happy Meal experiences as a child, especially around Halloween. They used to give out Happy Meals in plastic pails with either an orange pumpkin face or a white (glow in the dark) ghost face. And the cool toys tied in with the latest movie in theaters. I think I might still have some Batman toys from the 1980s in storage. As I grew older, I graduated from Happy Meals to the “adult” menu populated by Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Big Mac, and Filet-O-Fish. Now a days, I am addicted to the McDonald’s mobile app checking on what’s new and what deals can be had.

In May 2018, McDonald’s rolled out the new 100% Fresh Beef Quarter-Pound burgers. I was invited to an exclusive look at how these burgers are made. If you are a Quarter Pounder with Cheese fan like I am, the fresh beef burger blows the old one out of the water. It is tastier and juicier by searing the burger on both sides at the same time. Also, cooking fresh beef versus frozen lets the natural beef fat melt as the burger is cooking releasing flavor into the meat. If you haven’t tried the new Quarter Pounder, what are you waiting for?

On July 19, 2018, McDonald’s celebrated McDelivery Day by giving away McDelivery Throwback Collection items with orders while supplies lasted. The McDelivery Throwback Collection was a selection of fun, ‘90’s inspired items you can wear or use whenever and wherever you order McDelivery, like French Fries Socks, Big Mac Fanny Pack, Classic T-Shirts, collectible pins, and more. I am probably the only person on the planet who had never ordered food via a delivery service on a mobile app. I have to say, my first time was an amazing experience and I would definitely order McDelivery again. I even threw in a curve ball just to see if it could be done, Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese with extra onions, bacon, and an extra burger patty. And I was totally amazed! There is a lot of customization for food items on the app so if you’re a picky eater or just want to load up on your favorite toppings, McDelivery is the way to go. There are no lines to stand in. Just let the UberEats app update you on your order and then head outside to pick up your food from your friendly UberEats driver. Easy peasy!

I can’t wait to see what new innovations and menu items McDonald’s has in store this year and beyond!

For more information:

If you enjoyed this blog post, check out these:

1 comment: