Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pasta Prima Spinach and Mozzarella Ravioli

Pata Prima makes a Spinach and Mozzarella Ravioli (frozen and sold at Costco stores) that is awesome! I tried it during a sampling while we were shopping and fell in love with them.

Since of boiling them, I've been sauteing them in a skillet with olive oil. The raviolis turn golden brown like a wonton. Last winter, our friend bought a electronic turkey fryer and use it as a deep-fryer in the kitchen when we don't have a turkey to deep-fry. I thought to myself, what if we deep-fried the raviolis like they serve as appetizers in restaurants? They turn out perfect, just like wontons filled with spinach and mozzarella. Sprinkle on the parmesan oregano packet on top and you're good to go.

3 comments:

  1. Okay iv had this before a few years ago. My mother in law made it and she can't remember which raviolis she made but she knew they were from Costcos and I remember the parm garlic tipping but I was wondering did the topping come with the raviolis? Cause when I Google pasta prima raviolis I have yet to see them with the packets. I hope they still make it. I know this was posted years ago but I hope your still around to awnser me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashlee! These raviolis are still sold at Costco. The parmesan topping packet is in the package. We always buy them when they are in the coupon book. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes indeed! I just bought a 56oz bag from Costco. I'm from St.Louis. Many of the Italians lived in my neighborhood and the best meal I ever ate was these little deep fried Raviolis! To die for! So here I am in Calif and have yet to find a resaruant that knows what Im talking about when I ask if they serve fried Ravioli! I finally saw that Costco had frozen Spiinch Mozzaraella Ravioli! Was I jazzed! Right away I figuered I'll just fry these little puppies up and have myself my own Italian ravioli feast! I know they will be excellent!!

      Delete