Saturday, June 22, 2013

Claim Jumper in Costa Mesa, CA has lost some of its flavor



Claim Jumper in South Coast Plaza is still a full-house as usual. “Service with a smile” is still great but our latest visits have been rather inconsistent in the food department since my last article review of Claim Jumper. After being acquired by Landry’s in 2010, quite a few changes have taken place: especially the removal of their awesome salad bar and reconstruction of their menu.

Here are some critiques of their current menu items:

Potato Cheddar soup is a flavorful soup with fresh baked potatoes and simmered with aged cheddar. The first spoonful was wonderful. It was creamy with strong cheddar and potato flavors. Upon closer examination, I noticed that it used carrots for color. Since I’m allergic to carrots, I had to send it back. This should be noted on the menu as I otherwise would not have ordered it. If it didn’t have carrots in it, I would have feverishly devoured it. In its place, I got the New England Clam Chowder which has premium clams, potatoes, onions and celery. It wasn’t nearly as creamy as the Potato Cheddar soup and it was a mediocre chowder at best.


Mahalo,

OC Food Diva


Claim Jumper on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment