Monday, December 26, 2011

Debbie Lee's Seoultown Kitchen cookbook brings Korean cooking to your kitchen

2011 has been a great year for Debbie Lee. She was executive chef for The Poutine Truck with a gourmet take on that Québécois delight. She also started her own truck, Ahn-Joo, serving Korean pub grub and then found Ahn-Joo a permanent home in Glendale’s Americana at Brand to serve hungry foodies between store shopping or before/after a movie. To end the year right, Debbie has published her first cookbook “Seoultown Kitchen – Korean Pub Grub to Share with Family and Friends”. If you’re a fan of Ahn-Joo, you’ll find many recognizable dishes from the truck and stand in her cookbook.

“When I decided to write my very first cookbook I wanted to share the first part of me, and that is being Korean,” says Lee. “Growing up in the 1970s, I thought I needed to hide my heritage and culture. It was not until my 40th birthday, coming off the Food Network show, that I was proud of who I am and where I come from. I realized that my homeland had some of the most amazing traditions, culture, and most of all food.”

To read more and see photos, please visit: http://www.examiner.com/restaurant-in-anaheim/debbie-lee-s-seoultown-kitchen-cookbook-brings-korean-cooking-to-your-kitchen-review

Mahalo!

OC Food Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment