California Strawberry Festival’s Berry Blast Off Recipe Contest ends on April 7!
|Jodi Taffel's dish at the 2015 California Strawberry Festival|
|Alethia Shih and Jodi Taffel in the heat of competition|
- Non-baking strawberry recipe made with your favorite sauce, dessert, entrée, dip, drink, jam, spread, appetizer, snack, etc.
- Be creative and complex with fresh ingredients.
- Must be prepared and presented within 60 minutes.
- Strawberries should be your key ingredient.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Submit recipes with your name, address, phone, email, and other contact information by: Email - firstname.lastname@example.org (please submit in both memo and attachment form), or Fax - +1.805.385.4729 (Attn: Berry Blast Off), or Mail – California Strawberry Festival, Attn: Berry Blast Off, 1661 Pacific Ave #15, Oxnard, CA 93033.
- Click here to read entire rules and guidelines.
|Judges for the 2015 California Strawberry Festival Berry Blast-Off Recipe Finale|
- Top five semi-finalists selected will compete in a one-hour cooking challenge on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 11am PST in the Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard’s professional kitchen.
- The judges will select two finalists who will go on to compete head-to-head on Saturday, May 20, 2017 at the California Strawberry Festival.
- The grand prize winner of the Berry Blast Off Recipe Contest will receive a four-day, three-night Welk Resorts getaway vacation to either Palm Springs, San Diego, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, or Branson, MO (airfare not included) and a Cutco studio knife set (approximate value $500).
- The runner-up will receive an overnight stay at the Courtyard at Marriott Oxnard and a complimentary dinner for two at Tierra Sur Restaurant at Herzog Wine Cellars in Oxnard, CA.
- All semi-finalists receive four complimentary tickets to attend to this year’s festival and a complimentary 2017 collectible poster.
- All contestants who submit a recipe will receive a free ticket to this year’s Festival (limited to one person/one per family/one per residence).
|Build your own Strawberry Shortcake|
- There is an average of 200 seeds on each strawberry and technically each yellow seed is an individual fruit itself.
- It would take 7,000 strawberries to create the red carpet that welcomes the stars to the Academy Awards every year.
- Strawberry juice combined with honey will reduce inflammation.
California Strawberry Festival
3250 S Rose Ave